Support social impact at Haas
Haas Impact Investing Network
The Haas Impact Investing Network (HIIN) provides MBA students with first-hand experience in impact investing. HIIN is part of an international network bringing together socially minded MBA students from top business engaged in the process of impact investing. This program is run by MBA Impact Investment Network and Training (MIINT) in partnership with Bridges Ventures, an impact investing firm led by Brian Trelstad, former Chief Investment Officer of the Acumen Fund.
- HIIN will select 10-15 Impact Investment Fellows through an application process.
- The program will run from October through April.
- Fellows will be divided into teams, each focused on one impact theme. Themes could include health and wellness, education and skills, nutrition, financial inclusion, environment, clean tech, or affordable housing.
- Teams will go through the full impact investing process: researching issue areas, writing an investment thesis, sourcing potential social ventures (early stage startups), conducting due diligence, selecting a venture to pitch, and presenting an investment proposal at the MIINT competition at Wharton, which is typically held in April. Bridges will invest up to $50,000 in the winning social venture.
- There will be monthly training calls with Bridges Ventures and other impact investors.
- HIIN will organize additional speakers, internal trainings, and treks to meet with local impact investors.
- HIIN is open to current FT and EW students at Berkeley-Haas.
- Both first year and second year students are encouraged to apply.
- No previous experience in impact investing or social enterprise is necessary, although a basic understanding of investing is helpful.
Email the Team
Contact the managing fellows at email@example.com with any questions about the program.
- Adair Morse, Assistant Professor, Haas Finance Group
- Bill Rindfuss, Executive Director, Strategic Programs, Haas Finance Group
- Andrik Cardenas, Associate Director, Center for Social Sector Leadership, Berkeley-Haas
- Jennifer Walske, Faculty Director, Master in Entrepreneurial Management at University of San Francisco
Related Content from our Blog
Co-Founder, Haas Impact Investing Network
Along with co-founding and acting as the managing fellow for the Haas Impact Investing Network while earing her MBA at Haas, Maya also was the co-president of the Haas Culinary Club and Community Manager for the Global Social Venture Competition.