Events and Lectures
The Center for Social Sector Leadership brings thought leaders and practitioners from the social sector to Berkeley Haas to share their insights and experiences with students, alumni, and community members. Most events are open to the public and tackle cutting-edge issues and explore best practices for social impact.
CSSL Speaker Series
Want to know how to make a difference? Why do some social startups succeed and others fail? Come hear Kathleen Kelly Janus discuss the five essential strategies to make a social impact. Over the past five years, Kathleen has been on a mission to understand why some social startups succeed and scale, while others don’t. She interviewed hundreds of top-performing social entrepreneurs from DonorsChoose, to Kiva and Charity:Water. Register now to hear Kathleen speak on how to make a difference.
November 1, 2018 – Kathleen Kelly Janus, Wells Fargo Room from 6:00-7:30pm
BBF Students Apply and Participate
- August 20 – Fellow applications open
- September 9 – Fellow applications close
- September 21 – Matches of organizations and fellows announced
- October 1 – Kickoff at Connie & Kevin Chou Hall
- Late November (date TBD) – Fellow Governance Training
- April 10, 2019 – Program Finale
BBF Non-Profits Apply and Participate
- August 24, 2018 – Nonprofit applications deadline
- September 21, 2018 – Matches of fellows and NPOs announced*
- October 1, 2018, evening – Berkeley Board Fellows Kick-Off Meeting (nonprofits and Fellows attend)
- October 2018 through May 2019 – Berkeley Board Fellows serve with nonprofits
Interested in past events at CSSL?
Check out our blog on Medium.com for event recaps, presentations, and other materials from past events.
We live-tweet our events! Follow us at @ImpactMBA
For a complete list of social impact events across UC Berkeley, click here.